The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) in Charleston, SC is seeking a full-time didactic faculty member for its Physician Assistant Studies Division. The faculty member will be responsible for coursework including but not limited to Research Methods, Surgery, and/or Bioethics. In addition, the faculty will provide on-going instructional guidance and advisement to students and will work to ensure all ARC-PA standards are fully met while providing the best educational opportunities for our students.
Job summary: The responsibilities of the faculty for the Division of Physician Assistant Studies will be assigned by the PAS Program Director with input from the Chair of the Department of Health Professions and the Dean of the College of Health Professions. The overarching goal of the faculty member is to support the Program by providing experienced, knowledgeable guidance for the planning, development and implementation of the Program’s instructional curriculum. The faculty will provide regular, competent instructional guidance to the Program, faculty, and students, working to ensure that all ARC-PA standards are fully met while providing the best educational opportunities available for our students. The faculty will consult regularly with the Program Director and others to support the Program.
Minimum Qualifications include:
1. NCCPA-certified physician assistant with a minimum of a Master's degree In Physician Assistant Studies or a related discipline;
2. Eligible for license in the state of South Carolina;
3. Minimum of 2 years clinical practice experience;
4. Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills; and
5. Strong commitment to achieve the missions of the Division, the Department and College of Health Professions, and the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC).
6. Willing to begin a Doctorate or PhD program within the first year of employment if not previously obtained.
1. Experience in inter-professional practice or education;
2. Teaching experience in a health-related discipline;
3. Research and/or scholarship experience; and
4. Leadership in professional organizations.
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.