At a Glance:
Medical News Today, part of Healthline Media, is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Medical Editor to join the Drug Content team. As a Medical Editor, Drug Content, you will be instrumental in creating and maintaining superior consumer-facing articles on prescription and over-the-counter medications. You will perform comprehensive editing of original content written by pharmacists. You will also revise, optimize, and update existing drug information articles.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with the in-house team of editorial and SEO professionals to build article outlines
- Translate complex pharmaceutical text into language accessible to consumers while adhering to Medical News Today editorial standards
- Work closely with freelance pharmacist writers and medical reviewers, carefully reviewing and incorporating comments and revisions
- Develop questions for medical reviewers to ensure accuracy and accessibility of content
- Manage workflow for assigned articles through writing, medical review, and copy edit stages to ensure adherence to deadlines
- Brainstorm ways to improve drug articles and make them even more useful for readers
- Track issues that arise and discuss with team members to address and resolve
- Participate in team meetings to develop content goals and strategy
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years relevant professional experience as a medical editor working on consumer content, preferably in digital patient education or for a consumer health website
- Exceptional analytical, research, writing, and editing skills
- Creativity and a passion for editing, with strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret research studies and drug PIs
- Familiarity with SEO concepts and best practices
- Experience working with medical writers and clinician writers and reviewers in an editorial capacity
- Experience working with freelancers
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel, as well as cloud-based workflow programs
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven department
- Experience editing pharmaceutical content, particularly content with a consumer focus
- Board certification in medical editing
A Red Ventures Brand:
Healthline.com is the fastest growing health information brand, the 2nd largest health site in the US (per comScore) and reaches over 200 million people a month globally. The business is high growth and solidly profitable, employing ~300 people in San Francisco, New York and the UK. We are a purpose-driven organization with a vision to create a stronger, healthier world.
Healthline is a certified Great Place to Work and has been named to the Top 5 in Ad Age's Best Places to Work in 2019. Check out these links to learn more about what it's like to work at Healthline Media.
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Healthline, Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo.
Healthline Media is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on any legally recognized basis, including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended and applicable state and local law. No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination on the basis of these factors. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise your recruiter.