Medical Writing Resources
Are you looking for a way to get into medical writing? Maybe you aren’t sure where to start, or even how to get started, for that matter.
That’s why we’ve curated this page of medical writing resources. With posts that show you the how and where to find opportunities, courses to help you sharpen your skills, links to professional organizations, as well as further readings, you are sure to find what you need here.
This page was designed to be useful to clinicians, new medical writers, and those who are looking for a boost in their careers.
For those new to the medical writing world, start with reading our informative articles below so that you can decide if medical writing is right for you.
If you are looking to add new skills so that you stand out in this competitive market, check out the courses below and see which will be most valuable to you (and thus your clients).
We also include links to professional medical editorial societies so that you can make the most of your career with their resources.
We invite you to discover how your involvement in this quiet but influential field can benefit the healthcare industry, your profession, your patients, and of course, yourself.
This page contains affiliate links. That means we may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you make a purchase through one of these links.
Subscribe to email list
Medical Writing Resources - Courses
Learn how to get started with medical writing on your own time
- A completely online, self-paced course
- From Stanford University; this course takes about 24 hours of your time to complete
- The deadlines are flexible and you can purchase with or without the option of a certificate
- Great for beginners
- A completely free podcast by John Jurica, MD with interviews and solo episodes
- Plenty of interesting episodes on medical writing, medical editing, and CME design and delivery
- Also explores other career options for physicians and other healthcare professionals
- Listen to the episode with an interview with Modern MedEd’s co-founder here
- A completely online, self-paced course that covers the basics of how to find freelance medical writing opportunities
- Great for early-career medical writers or clinicians looking to start medical writing
Medical Writing Resources - Books
Good writers are good readers