Special CME Offers
Why We Love VisualDx
In a 2013 survey by VisualDx, clinicians reported saving from 14 minutes to 26 minutes each day. Physicians using VisualDx saved an average of 14 minutes per day, PAs saved 19 minutes per day, and NPs saved 26 minutes per day with VisualDx.
Dermatology residents and students saw a 19 percent increase in accurate diagnoses using VisualDx compared to non-use.
General practitioners saw a 34 percent increase in diagnostic accuracy with the app.
Most impressively, non-dermatologists' diagnostic accuracy skyrocketed 120 percent after just 4 minutes of training on VisualDx.
Reduces Healthcare Costs5
Cellulitis has a diagnostic error rate of 30 percent, costing the United States healthcare system as much as $500 million annually.
A study published in Dermatology Online Journal found that emergency department physicians included a correct cellulitis diagnosis in their differential 50 percent more often when using VisualDx compared to colleagues not using the tool.
Works in Real Life Practice
There is no shortage of stories telling how VisualDx helped nail down an important diagnosis.
The New York Times Magazine published the story of medical student Amber Bard diagnosing ocular herpes in a toddler, helping avoid complications like corneal scarring or blindness.
Toddler Diagnosed with Acute Meningococcemia Using Images in VisualDx – Dr. William Finn, Emergency Department Physician
Early Disseminated Lyme Diagnosis Caught Just in Time – Dr. Lincoln Heath, Family Medicine Resident
Offers Unlimited AMA PRA Category 1™ CME Credits
Modern MedEd partners with VisualDx to provide a special offer of unlimited CME plus a free gift card worth $250 or $500 with your subscription to VisualDx. Learn more.
Modern MedEd partners with VisualDx to provide a special offer of unlimited CME with a free iPad with your one or two year subscription to VisualDx. Your new tablet is a 10th gen 64GB iPad pre-installed with VisualDx.
Modern MedEd partners with VisualDx to provide a special offer for you. Subscriptions offer no limit to the amount of credits you can claim and you can save 20% with promo code MODERNMEDED20 at checkout. Learn more.
Modern MedEd partners with VisualDx to get you CME subscriptions with no limit to the amount of credits you can claim. Learn more.
1. Based on a 2013 survey of 468 VisualDx users.
2. Chou W, Tien P, Lin F, Chiu PC. Application of visually based, computerised diagnostic decision support system in dermatological medical education: a pilot study. Postgrad Med J. 2017 May;93(1099):256-259.
3. Papier A, Allen E, McDermott M. Visual informatics: real-time visual decision support. Poster presented at: American Medical Informatics Association 2001 Annual Symposium; November 3-7, 2001; Washington, DC.
4. Breitbart EW, Choudhury K, Bunde H, et al; Association of Dermatological Prevention, LEO Innovation Lab. Impact of a computer-based differential diagnosis tool on patient satisfaction and on the diagnostic accuracy of skin conditions. Initiative Gesundheitsindustrie Hessen. http://gesundheitsindustrie-hessen.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Abstract-LEO.pdf. Accessed 30 Jan 2018.
5. David CV, Chira S, Eells SJ, et al. Diagnostic accuracy in patients admitted to hospitals with cellulitis. Dermatol Online J. 2011 Mar 15;17(3):1.
VisualDx CME Disclaimer
*This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the ACCME through the joint providership of Med-IQ and VisualDx.
Med-IQ is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Med-IQ designates this point of care activity for a maximum of 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.